Enhance Your Smile with Treatments in Cosmetic Dentistry
Even patients with healthy teeth and gums may not be fully satisfied with the look of their smile. Having confidence in your smile boosts your self-esteem, and you deserve to look and feel your best. If you have healthy teeth and gums, but are ready to improve the aesthetics of your smile, cosmetic dentistry procedures could be right for you. Dr. Yen Tran, DMD at Acworth Premier Dental Care in Acworth, GA, can help you create the smile of your dreams. Whether its whitening your teeth, removing excess gum tissue, or concealing discolored or dull teeth, our experienced dental team is here to help.
Cosmetic Dentistry for Aesthetic Smiles
- Fractures or cracks
- Dull or discolored teeth
- Gaps or uneven spacing between the teeth
- Asymmetrical teeth and gumlines
Candidates for Cosmetic Dentistry
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin, medical-grade ceramic covers can camouflage an array of flaws. Veneers can combine the powerful effects of orthodontics, professional whitening, and dental bonding all in one. Treatment requires just a couple of appointments, and the results can last for up to 20 years. Porcelain veneers are considered a permanent treatment, and must be continuously maintained; due to the amount of enamel that must be removed for treatment, veneers cannot be reversed or removed permanently.
- Gum Contouring: Excessive gum tissue can give patients an appearance of a “gummy” smile. Dr. Tran can finely shape and even out the gum line to create a symmetrical, beautiful result.
- Bonding and Tooth Contouring: Many patients with minor chips or gaps between teeth choose dental bonding as a quick, relatively affordable treatment option. The same material Dr. Tran uses in composite fillings can be used to cover a variety of flaws, including discoloration that professional whitening cannot correct. Dr. Tran can color and shape the composite material to seamlessly fit with your natural teeth. Results, while not as long-lasting as veneers, can withstand for up to 10 years. Unlike veneers, dental bonding is reversible because of the minor amount of enamel that is removed during treatment.
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening offers dramatic results, with some treatments requiring just one appointment! Candidates with outer, or extrinsic, tooth stains are great candidates for teeth whitening procedures. Our whitening treatments are approved by the American Dental Association and have the ability to whiten your teeth up to eight shades brighter.